By chef Scott McGlinchey and Amanda Meyer
From our 2002 Wollersheim Winery Open House
1 lb. bay scallops
12 oz. Wollersheim Prairie Fumé
2 tablespoon chopped ginger root
2 oz. grape seed oil
4 shallots minced
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 lime, zest half
salt to taste
2 oz. rice sticks
Oil for deep frying
1. In Medium saucepot add 12 oz Prairie Fumé, salt and 1 T ginger. Bring to a boil and add the scallops for 1-1 1/2 minutes, then drain and chill in freezer for 10 minutes immediately.
2. Toss in a bowl with remaining ginger, garlic, shallots, chili sauce, cilantro and the zest of one half lime. Add the juice of half the lime and season with salt to taste.
3. Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
4. In hot oil fry rice sticks for 20 seconds till puffy, remove immediately.
5. In large Martini glass line the edges with the rice sticks and fill the glass with the marinated Scallops, garnish with a lime wheel and enjoy with a glass of the wonderful Prairie Fumé.