*Recipe developed by our friends at Fish Tales Restaurant, Lodi, Wisconsin.
INGREDIENTS: | For the Tacos
4 – 6″ flour or corn soft tortillas
24 small raw shrimp – peeled, deveined, tails removed. (The 40-50 per pound size shrimp.)
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup Wollersheim Prairie Fumé wine
½ tablespoon minced garlic
2 cups cabbage, sliced thin (green or purple cabbage, or a mixture of both)
¼ cup Italian salad dressing (vinaigrette style, not creamy.)
INGREDIENTS: | For the Chipotle Sauce
1 – 7oz. can chipotle peppers in Adobo Sauce
1½ cups sour cream
1 cup ranch dressing
2 tablespoons lime juice (From fresh limes, if you have them, or from the bottle.)
- Make the Slaw: | Slice cabbage into thin strips, approximately 2 cups. Add ¼ cup Italian salad dressing. Let sit while preparing the items below, or cover and refrigerate for a couple hours if you have the time.
- Make the Chipotle Sauce: (can be made ahead of time and kept in refrigerator) | Finely mince or purée the contents of the can of chipotle peppers in a blender or food processor. In a bowl, add puréed chipotle, sour cream, ranch dressing and lime juice. Mix well. (Spice/heat of the sauce can be adjusted down to taste by adding more sour cream.)
- Warm the Tortillas: | Warm the tortillas on each side, one at a time, in fry pan over low heat. Set aside and cover.
- Cook the Shrimp: | Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan over medium to medium-high heat. Add 1/3 cup Prairie Fumé. Simmer until liquid reduced by about half. Add ½ tablespoon of minced garlic, sauté lightly approximately 1 minute. Add shrimp, tossing or stirring for approximately 2 minutes, or until pink throughout.
- Taco Assembly: | Add 6 shrimp to each tortilla, cover with Cabbage Slaw, spoon a tablespoon or two of Chipotle Sauce on top of slaw. If you have fresh limes, add a squeeze of lime juice on top.Other Great Additions: Add any other toppings you may like, such as diced tomatoes, diced onion, pico de gallo, avocado slices or fresh cilantro.)
MAKES: 4 tacos | Enjoy!