Created & Presented by Chef Scott McGlinchey.
Demonstrated at the 1999 Wollersheim Winery Open House.
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons seasoned flour
12 oz. monkfish cut into 3 ounce pieces
4 large gulf shrimp
8-12 mussels (depending on how much you like them)
1 small red onion diced
1 tablespoons chopped garlic
juice of half a lemon
8 oz. Wollersheim Domaine du Sac wine
6 oz. shellfish stock or clam juice
2 ripe tomatoes diced
2 tablespoons capers rinsed
1 teaspoon fresh herbs
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup fine bread crumbs
2 oz. peccorino, or parmesan cheese
1. In large sauté pan over medium-high heat add 2T Olive oil and sauté onions and garlic for 1 minute, add Wollersheim Domaine du Sac and reduce for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
2. Add tomatoes, capers, herbs and reserve.
3. In large sauté pan over medium-high heat add 2T olive oil. Dust monkfish and shrimp in seasoned flour and place in hot oil and sauté for 1 minute, turn pieces and add reserved mixture, shellfish stock and mussels. Place cover over pan reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
4. Divide mixture evenly into 4 bowls and top with bread crumb, cheese mixture. Place under broiler till golden brown.
5. Enjoy with a glass of the wonderful Wollersheim Domaine du Sac.