Come tour, taste, and explore
Prairie du Sac, Wis. – Wollersheim Winery & Distillery will hold their 2016 Open House Saturday, March 5 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The annual event offers a behind-the-scenes view of both the winery and distillery. Visitors can:
- Taste a selection of wines including multiple Platinum and Gold medal winning Prairie Fumé and White Riesling, along with some hand-crafted, Wisconsin-grown spirits. Sparkling grape juice will be available for the kids.
- Take a self-guided tour of the historic underground aging cellars, modern-day fermentation room, bottling line, stillhouse, and other production areas.
- Head out to the vineyard for a pruning demonstration and learn maintenance techniques for home grapevines.
- Listen to a presentation by winemaker Philippe Coquard.
- Hear tips on cooking with wine and spirits and enjoy a taste as Executive Chef Paul Short cooks with Apple Eau de Vie in the morning Chardonnay in the afternoon.
- Purchase lunch items from local Wyttenbach Meats and Wollersheim cocktails and wines by the glass.
“Our Open House is a great chance to taste and learn about wine and spirits,” said Winemaker Philippe Coquard. “And it’s the one time each year when visitors can truly get an inside look at the entire process of winemaking and distilling.”
Wollersheim’s Open House is open to the public, and there is no admission fee. For more information, visit www.wollersheim.com.