INGREDIENTS: | For the Crust
½ cup margarine, cut up
1 ¾ cups flour
1 tablespoon cold water
INGREDIENTS: | For the Filling
1 ¼ cups milk
¼ cup Prairie Fumé wine
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chopped ham
1 cup chopped leeks, sautéed
1 cup grated Cheddar or Swiss cheese
Options to add:
- Prairie Fumé Cheese Spread, sautéed vegetables
PREPARATION: | For the Crust
- Place ingredients in food processor or mixing bowl. Mix until a ball is formed.
- With hands, spread over the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch quiche dish or suitably sized pie plate.
PREPARATION: | For the Filling
- Beat milk, wine, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle ham, sautéed leeks and cheese over the dough.
- Pour egg, milk and wine mixture over the dough.
- Bake at 375°F for about 45 minutes until top is lightly browned.
- Allow to cool at least ten minutes before serving. Can be served hot or cold.
MAKES: 6 to 8 servings