by Chef Scott McGlinchey & Amanda Meyer
Demonstrated at the 2005 Wollersheim Winery Open House.
28 oz. coconut milk + 1 cup water
1 lb. chicken breast
½ lb. mushrooms
1 oz. ginger
1 oz. lemon grass
4-5 kafir lime leaves
2 serrano chilies
1/3 cup lime juice
3 tablespoon fish sauce
3 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
a dash of red rooster sauce
1. In a medium sauce pot combine, coconut milk and water, lemon grass, ginger, lime leaves and chilies and scald; let rest for 5-10 minutes.
2. Strain to reserve liquid.
3. Open a bottle a Wollersheim Dry Riesling and enjoy a glass.
4. Slice mushrooms and dice chicken breast and add to reserved liquid along with fresh squeezed lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and salt.
5. Bring to boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. In bottom of soup bowl, place a dash of Sriracha Red Rooster Sauce, ladle in soup and garnish liberally with chopped cilantro.
7. Enjoy with 3 of your friends and more Wollersheim Dry Riesling!