by Chef Scott McGlinchey & Amanda Meyer
From our 2005 winery open house
6 oz. portabella, sliced
6 oz. shiitakes, sliced
4 oz. oyster mushrooms
4 tablespoons chopped shallots
4 oz. butter
3 oz. soy sauce
16 oz. heavy cream
2 oz. Wollersheim Pinot Noir
1 chicken bullion
salt & pepper
Pasta for 4 (preferably Angel Hair)
1. In medium saucepot sauté shallots in butter until translucent, then add mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
2. Reserve 1/4 of mixture. Add soy and remove from heat.
3. Put through grinder attachment of your Kitchen-Aid or food processor.
4. Return to pot, add cream, Wollersheim Pinot Noir and chicken bullion, bring to a boil and season with salt & pepper.
5. Toss reserved mushrooms with hot angel hair that has been seasoned with salt & pepper, plate and sauce. Enjoy with a glass or two of Wollersheim Pinot Noir!